Smith College Studies in Social Work publishes papers relevant to clinical social work theory and practice from a wide range of authors including social work educators, clinicians, researchers, policy makers, and recent MSW and Ph.D. graduates.
Smith College Studies in Social Work now receives all manuscript submissions electronically through ScholarOne Manuscripts. ScholarOne Manuscripts allows for rapid submission of original and revised manuscripts. The web-based platform streamlines the review process and internal communication between authors, editors, and reviewers.
To submit a manuscript:
- SSW ScholarOne Manuscripts portal.
- Create a profile.
- After selecting "finish" on the profile form, users will be taken to a page with options for "Author Center" or "Reviewer Center.
- Select "Author Center."
- On the Author "dashboard" page, choose from the links on the right to submit a manuscript.
ScholarOne technical support can be accessed at http://scholarone.com/services/support. If you have any other difficulties or questions, please contact Dennis MIehls, Editor-in-Chief (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Doreen Underdue, Editorial Assistant (email@example.com)
Every effort is made to complete the review process of submitted articles within three months.
- Papers submitted should be approximately 20 to 30 pages in length and include a brief (100 words or less) abstract and key words.
- Please make sure to include your preferred contact info, including a mailing address, so that we may acknowledge your submission and send you any necessary paperwork.
- All submissions should be formatted in APA style, according to the guidelines of the 5th edition.
- Please pay particular attention to your in-text citations and reference lists. Remember, all in-text citations must appear in the reference list. Publication of articles may be delayed if there are discrepancies.