About the Office
Smith Houses
Forms & Applications
Room Draw & Lottery
Break Housing & Storage
House Maintenance
Food & Dining
Student Handbook
Smith Social Network
Facebook Twitter
About the Office

Staff Selection

Smith College Residence Life offers many opportunities for students to act as leaders in the Smith College community.

Head Residents, House Coordinators, House Community Advisers (Academic Year Positions)

The head resident (HR) and house coordinators (HCs) are typically Smith seniors. The residence life staff members have been extensively trained for their role in the houses. They are responsible for the management and general welfare of the houses.

Head Resident

Job Description (PDF)

Housing Coordinators

House Community Advisers

House community advisers (HCAs) are responsible for facilitating community within the house. The HCA is a member of the administrative staff of the college for the term of their service. The HCA is extensively trained for multiple responsibilities that involve a combination of managerial and interpersonal skills.

How to Apply (HR, HC, HCA)

Welcome and we are glad you are thinking of applying to be a ResLife staff member! We are in the process of interviews for the 2017-2018 academic year.

Additional applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as needed. To apply for a HR, HCA, HC or AM (apartment manager) leadership position, please use this link on the Smith Social Network to submit your application: https://socialnetwork.smith.edu/form/start/114006

You will fill out or upload the following on the Social Network:

  • Application
  • Copy of your unofficial transcript (from BannerWeb)
  • Your essay
  • Résumé
  • Two references. The reference form is on the social network - you just need to send the link to your two references and ask them to fill out the form online. The form can be found here: https://smith.collegiatelink.net/form/start/56214

To apply, you will need to submit everything on the Smith Social Network. We will not accept paper applications. Your reference forms should be electronically filled out and submitted. More detailed instructions can be found on the Social Network.

We will interview students with complete applications only if positions become vacant.

mith.edu">ssandstr@smith.edu or extension 2234.