Students, faculty and staff with a medical disability who are requesting accommodations or services through the Office of Disability Services are required to provide appropriate information about their disability, as needed to determine appropriate accommodations and services. Please send your clinician the guidelines below so that the proper information can be provided to the college.
Note: Disability Services does not have access to information you provided to Counseling Services or Health Services. You must make a formal request and sign a release in order for them to send it to us.
This must be provided by a physician or other licensed health care provider in order to substantiate the stated disability.
Documentation must include information on how the medical condition and/or related medications and treatments interfere or limit any major life activity, including participation in the courses, programs, services or activities of the college.
Information to be provided by diagnostician
- A brief description of the condition.
- Assessment of the severity of current symptoms and of the chronicity of the disability.
- A brief assessment of the history/current status of the disability, including medications and treatments.
- A description of accommodations provided in the past.
- Accommodations recommended to address specific functional limitations.
- Additional information that may be useful in providing appropriate and effective accommodations at the post-secondary level.
- The diagnostician's name, title, address, phone number and signature.