Statement of Interest
In 300–500 words, explain why you would like to participate in the Translation Studies Concentration.
List any courses you have completed or plan to take next semester that may be relevant to this concentration, including courses in the language you will work with in the concentration.
Please list your proposed courses and provide the following information for each course in the following format: course #, course title, semester taken or to be taken. Example: PSY373, Research Seminar in Personality Psychology, Fall 2016.
Practical Experience & Study Abroad
List any practical experiences you have completed or plan to complete that may be relevant to this concentration. Include internships, study abroad, and other experiences. (For international students, studying at Smith may count as your study abroad experience.)
Along with this application, please upload your "unofficial" transcript from BannerWeb below.*
- Go to Banner
- Select "Student records"
- Select "View/print unofficial transcript"
- On next page, just hit "Submit" and you should be able to view the unofficial transcript
- Select Print for the file menu in your browser
- On a Mac, select "Open PDF in Preview." Once page is open in Preview, Save page and name it with your name
- On a PC, select "Print using system dialog box." In the Print dialog box, in the Select Printer section, select Adobe PDF (you may have to slide the toggle bar to see this option). Click "Apply." Click "Print. Save the file and name it with your name
Click "Browse" to find your file and then click "Upload" to insert it into the application.