Close Window

Emerson-Lewis Fund Available for Employees in Need


The Emerson-Lewis Fund was established in 1921 by the Smith Class of 1901, in memory of two classmates, to assist employees of the college community in times of emergency. Though available funds are limited, the fund committee hopes that they may provide timely financial assistance and convey the support of a caring community. Smith employees (or their supervisors on employees' behalf) may apply for support from the Emerson-Lewis Fund by sending a letter (either to Justina Gregory, Chair, Emerson-Lewis Committee, Neilson Library 3/13; or Rebecca Lindsey, Board of Trustees Office, College Hall 205) explaining the circumstances of the emergency, requesting a specific sum of money, and accompanied by proof of expenditures.