You are eligible for a Praxis stipend if:
- You have not yet received Praxis funding;
- You are currently enrolled at Smith and will have 64 or more earned credits by the end of the spring semester; an exception may be made for a first-year student who must provide a written approval from their liberal arts adviser explaining the student’s background and benefit from doing a Praxis Summer internship. Please know first-year applicants will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Note: Students who withdraw from the college at any point after receiving a Praxis grant and before the start of the fall semester will be charged the full amount of the grant.
- If you are not receiving any payment from the organization or through Smith College.
Note: If your internship is abroad and NOT in your home country, you will automatically receive a $3500 award.
You are NOT ELIGIBLE for a Praxis stipend if:
- you will be doing a summer internship funded by Smith programs other than Praxis*
- you are a graduating senior
- you are a student enrolled at Smith College who is on an exchange program from another college
- you are doing a summer internship that is affiliated with Smith College
- you have previously participated in the same internship
Note for international students: The 220 internship hours that are funded through Praxis will not be counted as part of your Practical Training in the United States.
Note for students on leave:
If you are on study abroad or study leave, you are eligible for use a praxis stipend for a qualified internship. Students on personal leaves will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If you are on a personal leave and would like to use a Praxis stipend for the upcoming summer, please contact email@example.com.
*Fox Borstein/Leana Brown Funds: Students will be allowed to combine these funds with Praxis funds, however students must provide a budget that demonstrates the need for combined funding, and those funds cannot exceed $4400.