USING THE VOICEMAIL WEB ACCESS
The web interface allows you to listen to and manage your voicemail messages from any computer, as well as manage settings for your voice mailbox.
To access the voicemail web interface go to: https://voicemail.smith.edu:10100 and log in by entering your phone extension in the Mailbox field and your voicemail password in the password field.
Flash Player for Chrome Update version 69 (New Sept. 6, 2018)
If you are unable to enter information in the Mailbox or password fields you need to allow Flash Player.
- Click on the lock in the address bar in front of the http.
- From the Flash drop-down click Allow. This will automatically add the site to the list. OR
- If you don't see the Flash menu, click, Site Settings.
- Locate Flash from the listing, change the settings drop-down to Allow. Close the settings tab.
- Now refresh the Avaya screen or close the tab and start again. You will now be able to enter information in the fields.
Flash Player for Chrome versions 62 - 68
Note: If these fields are unavailable then you are being prompted to update Adobe Flash Player, click the install now link on your screen.
If you still see the Flash Player message, then you will need to change the Browser Settings.
In Google Chrome: (version 62 and higher)
- Click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of Chrome.
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Advanced.
- Under Privacy and Security, click Content Settings.
- Click on Flash (the Ask first should be blue and to the right)
- In the Allow area, Click on Add and enter: https://avaya2.smith.edu:10100
- Click Add again and enter: https://voicemail.smith.edu:10100
- When complete click Add, the Avaya sitse in now in the Flash Allow.
Recommended Uses of the Web Interface
- Easily view message details such as Caller ID, time and duration.
- Listen to your messages: You can listen to your message through your computer or have the system call a phone and play the message for you. To play the message on a phone you will be prompted to input your voicemail password. Note: iPhone, iPads do not support flash player and it is no longer availabe in Google Play Store for Android devices.
- Delete Messages: With the web inteface you can delete single or multiple messages with the click of your mouse.
- Other Functions: For information on functions, such as forwarding messages and returning calls through the web interface, see the on-line help by logging into the Voicemail Web Interface and clicking on the ? in the upper right of the screen.
Set-up Email Notifications (Recommended)
To receive an email notification when you get a voicemail
- Click on Preferences
- Select the Notify Me tab on the left of the screen.
- Check the checkbox for "email me a notification"
- Enter your email address
- Save the changes.
You can also receive Text Notifications. To do so you must enter a mobile phone number on the General tab, before selecting to receive a Text Notification on the Notify Me tab.
Managing Voicemail Settings
Almost all functions that can be controlled through the touchtone interface can now be managed in the web interface.
You can receive additional help by clicking the "question mark" in the upper right hand corner of the message screen.