Web Conferencing Equipment
Equipment Needs: Laptops will have both a microphone and camera built in. There are other options for the classroom or meeting spaces.
For each connection/participant your equipment needs will vary based on the number of people in your group.
One to 3 people:
- Your laptop with a built in camera and microphone
- Headset may improve audio quality
- Jabra mic/speaker can also be used for improved audio
Classes or meeting less than <20*
- Wide angle webcam on tripod
- Jabra mic/speaker can be used for improved audio
Classes or meeting greater than >20*
- In room installed camera
- HD web/video conferencing kit
- Can you hear the sound?
- Does your microphone pick you up?
- Are you well lit, with a good camera angle?
- We recommend plugging in power and ethernet.
Note: Window 10 users the latest updated turned the microphone to off for privacy reasons. To toggle the microphone to On, click the Search (magnifine glass), type in Privacy Settings. After selecting Privacy Settings, from the left hand Apps permission list click on Microphone. Turn on the "Allow apps to access your microphone". You might want to turn it off when you session is complete again for privacy reasons.
* Equipment for a web-video conference can be requested with a two week notice via email to email@example.com or purchased through the Computer Store.