PROCESS SUMMARY AND SIGN UP
- Sign-up for Duo
Once you sign-up for Duo you will need to wait for your Duo account to activate before you can complete your account set-up. Account activations are processed at 9:00 am each morning, but may be run more frequently at certain times of year.
- Download the Dou app
If you have a Smartphone, download the Duo app now. This will save you time when setting up your account. The app is free, but you will need your App Store password to complete the download.
- Complete your Duo Setup When Prompted (typically the next day)
The first time you log in to the Smith Single Sign-on page after your Duo account has activated, the Duo application will open and you will need to register at least one device (typically a cellphone or smartphone)* that you will use to verify your identity when logging in to your Smith account. This initial set-up process must be done on a computer, and you will need to have the device with you.
- Add Devices and/or get One-time use Passcodes
It is recommended that you register multiple devices with Duo to provide alternative verificationl methods if your primary device isn't readily available. Devices that can be used with Duo authentication include, cellphones, smartphones, tablets, landline phones (such as a home or office phone), and devices called U2F Tokens. In addition, you can have Duo text you five (5) one-time use passcodes, which you can save for future use as needed.
Important: Once enrolled you will need one of your registered devices with you to verify your identity whenever you are logging in to your Smith account. You also have the option to check the "Remember me for 30 days" box on your personal computer.
* If you do not have a cellphone or Smartphone, please contact the IT Service Center prior to signing up for Duo.
Step 1. Sign-up for Duo
Login into the following url to enroll in Duo authentication.
Below are the screens shots showing you the process.
1. This link will bring you to the Smith Single Sign-On page, login as usual.
2. Duo is interacting with our system to locate your account and add you to Duo. This screen may show your mobile number and or your home email address as currently listed in Banner. To edit this information, log into the Smith Portal, then select the My Info tab, followed by the Personal Data link.
At the bottom of the screen, Click OK to enroll in Duo.
3. Success, added to Duo Group. Note: the bolded date and time shown on your Success! window, this is when you can complete the Duo Setup.
4. Smart phone users Download the app.