WELCOME NEW FACULTY AND STAFF
Your Smith Network Account will be automatically created once your record is completed in the Banner system by Human Resources. This requires that you have completed and turned in all necessary forms and paperwork. An email will be sent to your home email address. Please check your spam folder if you have not received the message and information.
Smith Network Account provides access to these services:
- Google Apps for Education (Smith Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Google Drive, etc.)
- Smith Portal
- Smith owned computers
- Network Storage
- Wired and Wireless Networks
- Library Resources
1. Reset your network password
Important: You will NOT be able to log into your Smith Mail account until you have reset your network password.
- Account and Password Security is your highest priority! The Password Security page has information on keeping it secure!
- Click Reset Password from the link in the green bar above or go to: www.smith.edu/changepass
- Follow the instructions on the page to reset your password. Passwords must be 14 characters or more.
- The next page will either display 'Success' or 'Try Again'.
2. Duo Authentication
Account security is everyone's concern. Smith ITS is strongly encouraging all students, faculty and staff to enroll in our two-factor authentication tool, called Duo. Two-factor authorization is your best protection against your Smith account being compromised.
Using your new Smith network username and password sign up here: https://www.smith.edu/its/util/2fa/signup/Duo2FA.php
For detailed instructions on the Duo process: https://www.smith.edu/tara/security/duo_signup.html
a. Sign-up for Duo (activations are processed between 9:00 - 10:00 am each day)
b. Download the Duo app
c. Complete your Duo Setup - after 10:00 am the next day
d. Add Devices
3. Log in to your Mail account (after you have activated Duo)
- Go to: http://mail.smith.edu
- Enter your username and your new password. Accept the license agreement.
- After this first login, you can also use gmail.com or any other generic Google login page to access your mail.
Note that in
those locations, you must enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password to log in.
4. Log in to the Smith Portal
The Smith Portal provides links to numerous online services and resources, including mail, BannerWeb, Moodle, and Lynda.com online training. All faculty and staff have the My Info tab, faculty will also see a Teach and Advising tab.
5. Log into a Smith Computer
Essential first step for laptops: You MUST log on to the laptop one time when it is connected to the wired network. Otherwise, your login credentials will not be recognized when you try to connect wirelessly.
For steps on how to login to a Windows or Mac computer, Click Here
Telephones: New faculty and staff, you will be taking over an extension that belonged to someone else. Please call the IT Service Center at ext. 4487 so we can have the display name changed and set a new voice mail password.
Wireless networks: How to connect you mobile devices to our wireless network and how to access network drives from home with either Nasuni or VPN.
Phishing Awareness: These messages entice you to click on links, what to do if you did and how to cleanup malware and spyware.
Mobile Device: Accesing your Mail & Calendar from your mobile device.
Banner Account Request forms: Employees that need access to Administrative Systems Data.
Moodle: For faculty and students, this is web-based course management.
Educational Technology Services: For faculty that need Classroom Support, Smith Media Studios and or Instructional Technology.