Smith College Admission Academics Student Life About Smith news Offices





Suspending or reactivating a lost or stolen card
Obtaining a temporary card
Replacing a broken or damaged card
Getting a new or replacement OneCard ID

OneCard information for new Smith employees

Spouse and Dependant OneCards
Alumni OneCards

Suspending or Reactivating a Lost or Stolen Card

If your OneCard is lost or stolen, you are responsible for obtaining a Temporary Card (see Obtaining a Temporary Card, below) or suspending your OneCard immediately.

Click here to suspend or reactivate your card on-line. You will need to login with your Network account username and password.

The OneCard Office can also suspend cards during business hours. If the OneCard Office is closed, Public Safety (x2490) can suspend cards.

Once your card is suspended it can no longer be used to access your accounts such as Campus Cash. If you find your ID card after it has been suspended, you can reactivate it via the web at any time, or in person at the OneCard Office during drop-in hours or by appointment. If you reactivate your card at the OneCard Office, be sure to bring a valid picture ID with you.

If you need a new ID card, you must go to the OneCard Office during drop-in hours or by appointment (See Contacting the Smith College OneCard Office) with a valid alternative picture ID to receive a replacement card. Your existing accounts and balances will carry over to the new ID card. There is a $20 charge for replacement cards.

Back to top >

Obtaining a Temporary Card

If your OneCard is lost or stolen, you may obtain a Temporary Card, good for one week only, to replace it.

Temporary Cards can be obtained from the OneCard Office during drop-in hours or by appointment (see Contacting the Smith College OneCard Office).

While you have a Temporary Card, your OneCard will not work.

Temporary Cards act as replacements for your OneCard. They allow access to accounts and dining privileges, but do not permit use of the library system.

Because Temporary Cards allow access to any balance on the card, you must present proof of identification when requesting one. There is no charge for Temporary Cards, but a replacement fee of $10 will be charged if the user fails to return the card to the OneCard office.

Back to top >

Replacing a Broken or Damaged Card

Broken or damaged cards can be replaced for a charge of $10 on production of the card or card fragments.   Replacement cards are issued at the OneCard office during drop-in hours or by appointment (see Contacting the Smith College OneCard Office).

Back to top >

OneCard Information for Smith College Employees

Smith employees who are .5 FTE or greater * qualify for a Smith OneCard ID. The OneCard is used for access into certain buildings, such as the gym; it also serves as your library card.

Faculty and staff who activate Automatic Payroll Deduction can also use their OneCards to charge purchases at the Campus Center Café, Smith Conference Center, and Central Services. Charges will automatically be deducted from your paycheck. For questions on Automatic Payroll Deduction, contact the Payroll Office.  Forms are available at:

If you are eligible, you can get your Smith OneCard by coming to the OneCard Office in Stoddard Hall 207 during the drop-in hours of Monday – Friday, 9:00 am– 3:30 pm. If you need to come outside those hours, please call ahead to extension 4487. 

Other points to remember when getting your OneCard:

  • You will need a picture ID.
  • Check the Smith on-line directory to see if your name and data are listed. Your employment information must be downloaded from Banner before your OneCard can be issued, which may take 2 - 3 business days after HR receives your paperwork. If you are listed on the directory, your data will have also downloaded to the OneCard system. 
  • OneCards are not issued prior to your employment start date. 

*Certain employment categories, such as Teaching Follows or Course Support employees, may qualify even if they are less than .5 FTE.

Back to top >

Spouse and Dependant OneCards

Spouses and dependents* of benefited employees who qualify for a OneCard, can receive their own OneCard ID for gym and library use. Submit a request for a Spouse or Dependent OneCard.

  • To qualify, the spouse or dependent must be registered with Human Resources.
  • Dependents are eligible between 16 – 18 years old, or until their 23rd birthday if they have a valid college ID. 
  • Dependents must be at least 16 years old to receive gym access on their own OneCards.  Prior to that, they need to be accompanied by a parent and swiped in as a guest on the parent’s OneCard.
  • The cost of the initial spouse or dependent OneCard is $15.  Replacement cards are $20.  The person getting the OneCard will need an ID.
  • Drop-in hours for the OneCard Office are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm.
  • Because spouse and dependent data does not download automatically, it is useful to call ahead to the OneCard Office at x3082.

For more information on the Smith College OneCard, call the OneCard office at x4487.

Back to top >

Alumni OneCards

Alumni qualify for a OneCard, they receive their ID for the gym and library use. Submit a request for a Alumni OneCard.

  • The cost of the initial OneCard is $15.  Replacement cards are $20. Enclose a check payable to Smith College.

  • Please enclose one color passport style 2x2 photograph (No hats or sunglasses) and a photo ID (Driver's license)

  • Include a self-addressed stamped envelope. Allow two weeks from date of receipt for processing.

Back to top >


Copyright © 2014 Smith College  |  Last updated November 14, 2019

DirectoryCalendarCampus MapVirtual TourContact UsSite A-Z