Office Hours
Contact Us
Medical Services
Student Health Insurance
Health Reps
By Girls for Girls
News & Announcements
The Counseling Service
Wellness Education

Receive secure messages with medical providers on campus; schedule appointments for some types of visits; access forms and information.

Login with your Smith username and password

About the Office

Related Link

Accidents & Emergencies

If you have college insurance, a referral is not needed to go to the emergency room when Health Services is closed.


Notify Public Safety at (413) 585-800. Consult with either Public Safety or Health Services before calling an ambulance.

Off Campus

In the case of a serious accident or emergency, seek immediate care at the nearest medical facility, but ask the person accompanying you or the medical attendant to contact one or more of the following:


When you return to the college, report the situation to both the director of Health Services and the associate dean of Student Affairs in order to ensure insurance coverage and to be excused from missed academic work (when necessary). It is important to have the treating health care provider send a written report to the director of Health Services.