February 28, 2022 Weekly CIRT Campus Update
Letters to the Community
February 28, 2022
Dear students, staff and faculty:
The campus is operating in GREEN mode. For an explanation of the college’s color-coded operating modes, please visit Status & Operating Modes.
Over the past seven days, there have been 11 positive cases of COVID-19 reported through the on-campus campus screening program.
Notably, there are three significant changes in green mode operations.
- Masking is optional in student houses for vaccinated Smith students in the testing program. We welcome and encourage continued masking for those who wish to do so.
- Invited guests are welcome in Smith residences and are asked to wear masks in residential gatherings (parties, events, etc.)
- Individual presenters (faculty teaching their classes, lecturers, presenters at employee or student meetings, etc.) may choose to go maskless during their presentations. This will be at the discretion of the course instructor or meeting organizer.
The following guidance is unchanged in green mode.
- Mandatory student and employee testing continues to be twice weekly through at least Friday, March 18.
- Masks continue to be mandatory in all academic and administrative buildings for both staff and students.
For full green mode guidance, please visit https://www.smith.edu/covid19/operating-modes.
Our next community meeting will be held this Thursday, March 3, at 12:15 p.m. at https://smith.zoom.us/j/93293837876. If you have questions or concerns you would like addressed before this meeting, please contact us at email@example.com.