Panel Discussion: Reclaiming Munio Makuuchi, An American Artist
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019
- Weinstein Auditorium | Wright Hall, 5 pm
Curator Aprile Gallant and Professor Floyd Cheung join Andrew Balkin, Munio Makuuchi's close friend and printer, and art historian Margo Machida to discuss the relevance of the artist's poetry and prints nearly 20 years after his death.
- Aprile Gallant, Associate Director of Curatorial Affairs and Senior Curator of Prints, Drawings, and Photographs, SCMA
- Floyd Cheung, Professor of English Language & Literature and American Studies, Vice President for Equity and Inclusion, Smith College
- Andrew Balkin, Artist & Founder, Andrew Balkin Editions, AGB Graphics Workshop, Wisconsin
- Margo Machida, Ph.D., Professor Emerita of Art History and Asian American Studies, University of Connecticut