Read Smith’s plans for the spring 2021 semester.
Current Operating Mode: BLUE
Year-Round Precollege Programs
We are excited to offer Year-Round Precollege Programs. Multifaceted offerings let students engage in precollege programs throughout the year. Precollege Community is a nonacademic group that meets monthly. Students can also take Precollege Crash Courses, which are remote learning academic opportunities. These offerings are for students in grades 9–12 or for those who have deferred from college or are taking a gap year.
Year-Round Remote Learning Opportunities!
Join us for one of our remote learning programs. Choose from weekend crash courses and nonacademic community workshops. Our online opportunities are for students in grades 9-12, plus any interested current gap year students.
Precollege Community Program
November 2020–April 2021
Precollege Community is our nonacademic group that meets monthly to explore various topics. Each month includes:
- One live discussion on a monthly relevant topic (1.5 hours)
- One live creative workshop (1.5 hours)
- One live wellness class (1 hour | physical and mental)
- One virtual tea time (1 hour)
- Access to an online library of resources and content
- Engaging discussions and peer networking opportunities
Precollege Crash Courses
Select Weekends November 2020–April 2021
The academic component of precollege remote learning opportunities is our Crash Courses program. These intensive weekend courses are on various subjects and taught by Smith Precollege academic directors.
Current topics include:
- How to Create Compelling Characters
- College-Level Scientific Research
- Writing and Comprehending Lab Reports
- How to Design a Captivating, Cohesive Plot