and the college’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Interdisciplinary Studies Diploma Program
This is a highly competitive, interdisciplinary program open only to international students of advanced undergraduate or graduate standing who are interested in one year of study and research at Smith College. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or at least three years of university-level work or the equivalent in an approved foreign institution of higher learning.
In keeping with the tradition of wide-ranging, interdisciplinary research, diploma students arrive at Smith with a diverse array of scholarly interests and work together to fashion an extraordinarily vibrant and creative intellectual community.
Forms & Deadlines
- Application deadline for Non-Exchange applicants: January 15
- Application deadline for Exchange applicants: Please contact your Resident Director
- Application fee ($60 for non-Exchange applicants)
- Official transcripts of the undergraduate record
- Official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)—applicable only to applicants from non-English-speaking countries (non-Exchange)
- Official results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) - applicable only to international applicants from English-speaking countries (in lieu of the TOEFL or IELTS)
- Letters of recommendation from the undergraduate institution
- Paper written in an advanced undergraduate course
- Personal statement
Information About Admission
Diploma Program Tuition & Fees 2020-21
|Full academic year tuition (before scholarship)
(12 to 16 credits per semester)
|Room and board||$18,760|
|Health insurance (coverage beginning August 15)||$2,500|