Skip Navigation

Apply to a Graduate Program


Smith College School for Social Work

The School for Social Work handles its admission process independently. For students interested in pursuing either a master's or doctorate in social work, and for more information, please visit the School for Social Work website.

Graduate Programs

Smith College offers men and women graduate work leading to the following degrees:

Special Programs


To enter a graduate degree program, a student must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, an undergraduate record of high caliber and acceptance by the department concerned.

Inquiries about admission to graduate programs should be directed to the Office of Graduate and Special Programs.