Facilities & Resources
Studios and Labs
Art students at Smith take courses in architecture, book arts, digital media, drawing, installation, painting, photography, printmaking and sculpture. Our facilities feature:
- Digital production and interactive media capabilities on classroom workstations, in the Visual Communications Resource Center and in our modular digital classroom
- The Imaging Center specializes in 2D and 3D imaging and printing. By offering cutting-edge technology and expert consulting, the Imaging Center is a key resource for student and faculty projects that require sophisticated visual media, including interactive and multimedia content creation.
- Typography and book arts studio devoted to traditional letterpress on Vandercook presses
- Darkrooms for 35mm, medium and large-format black-and-white photography
- Printmaking studio that supports offset and direct press lithography, etching, monotype and relief printing
- Sculpture studio with bronze-casting facility
- Private studio spaces for senior studio art majors
The Jannotta Gallery showcases student artwork throughout the academic year, concluding with multiple exhibitions by senior studio art and architecture majors.