Read Smith’s UPDATED plans as of August 5, 2020,
for an entirely remote fall 2020 semester.
The following templates provide options for presenting your content. To maintain consistency, these templates should be used to add new site pages.
- Photo collage module is unique to home page
- First photo in collage will refresh with new image on page load
- On rollover, images change color and button will link out to topic pages within the site
- Photos must be added in correct sizes; CMS does not resize
- Images drop from collage area on home page in mobile view
- Home page includes modules for Smith in the Moment (news), Notable Dates (events) and social media feeds and footer callout (Visiting Smith)
- Topic page
- Major content section landing page (Giving to Smith)
- Audience gateway page (For Faculty-Staff)
- Listing/directory page (Offices)
- Single-page sites
- Filter listing page
- Color selection is based on site section; see Color Palette for more information
- Hero image
- Introductory text
Right Rail Template
- Primary content template
- Used for academic department pages; etc
- Starts at tier-2 pages and can be used anywhere below; multiple layers of navigation are possible
- Cannot include a banner (T1, T2, etc.)
- "Parent" pages (the main nav links in the right rail) typically include a photo at the top.
Content Area Image
800 x 450 px (16 x 9)
The system will automatically size the image for desktop, tablet and mobile users. Keeping a standard photo size helps keep the site clean and consistent, and allows images to be used in multiple places.
Faculty Bio Template
- Faculty bios
- Contact information and office hours
- Additional links can link out to personal and department websites, research, CV, etc.
- Biography pages can be tagged to multiple departments
- Photos must be square and no smaller than 500 x 500 px
Faculty Directory Template
- Unique page template for faculty directory landing page
- Tier 2 (T2) banner image
- Anchor link filter by alphabet
- Filter by department drop down
- Shows image, name and title; image and name are clickable
- If no image is available, a grey block is shown
- Department filters can be found here.
Courses of Study Template
- Utilizes Wide template layout for header banner image
- Unique module experience under Explore Courses of Study
- Blocks have rollover state and take user to academic department landing pages
- This module will only be used on the Courses of Study landing page
- Tabs will open up new set of block links
- Search results