The Imaging Center provides a creative and collaborative space for study, innovation and the production of art on the third floor of Hillyer Hall. Whether you need the latest in image processing and 3D printing, or just a quiet place to study, we have facilities to meet your needs.
H320 Digital Media Classroom
This flexible space can be configured to suit a wide variety of classroom needs. Features include:
- 15 iMac workstations housed in moveable desks
- Panasonic HD projector and 5.1 surround sound
- Instructor station with Mac Pro and media presentation controls
- Magnetic whiteboard walls for collaboration and presentation
Faculty and staff members can reserve this space with 25Live.
H218 Visual Communication Resource Center
The VCRC is a state-of-the-art multimedia lab and classroom for digital art. Equipment includes:
- 19 Mac Pro student workstations with color-calibrated dual monitors and Wacom Intuos Pro tablets
- Mac Pro instructor station with presentation controls for Panasonic HD projector
- Media software including Adobe Creative Suite
- 2 Epson Stylus Pro 4880 archival printers with 17″ wide roll feeder
- Epson Stylus Pro 4900 archival printer with 17″ wide roll feeder
- 2 Xerox Phaser color laser printers
- Epson Perfection v700 flatbed scanner
- Epson Expression 10000XL 12″ x 17″ flatbed scanner
- Flextight X1 transparency scanner
- Graphiclite Vertical Print Inspector
- Two large clean tables with cutting mats and photo trimming equipment
Students taking Art Department courses with a digital component have 24-hour OneCard access to the VCRC, except when classes are in session, and during holidays. Faculty can contact Rebecca Davis at email@example.com to arrange for student access.
H319 Art History Lounge
The Art History Lounge is the perfect space for study or small group work, while being large enough to accommodate retreats and department meetings.
Amenities include comfortable seating, movable tables, large screen displays, white boards and a 3D television. The lounge also houses the physical collections of the Imaging Center, including 280,000 35mm slides and 15,000 mounted photographs.
H325 Drop-In Lab
The drop-in lab has computers, 3D printers, flat-bed scanners, and more to help students bring their creative projects to light.
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- 5 iMac workstations
- Adobe Creative Cloud software - Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, etc.
- 3D Printers - Ultimaker 2+ and Ultimaker 3
- 3D Editing Software - Meshmixer, Maya, Blender, Skanect, SketchUp, etc.
- Epson Expression 10000XL 12" x 17" flatbed scanner
- Epson Perfection V700 and V800 transparency scanners
- Epson Perfection 4490 Photo 8.5" x 11" flatbed scanner
- Contex Cougar 36" document scanner (staff assistance required)
- HP Designjet 3200 large-format printer with 36" wide roll feeder
- Large paper cutter and cutting mat
H326 Gaming Lab
In collaboration with Film & Media Studies, the Gaming Lab in the Imaging Center offers students the chance to play, explore, experience and critique video games and virtual environments.
- HTC Vive virtual reality headset and controllers with Gaming PC
- Sony Playstations - PS3 and PS4 with VR headset
- Classic Arcade console and Classic Nintendo emulator
- Copy stand with color-adjustable LED lighting
3D Scanning and Printing
The Imaging Center has a full range of equipment and software for 3D scanning, modeling and printing, including:
- Two Ultimaker 2+ 3D printers with 8.7in x 8.7in x 7.9in build volume and .02mm resolution
- One Ultimaker 3 Extended 3D printer with 8.5in x 8.5in x 11.8in build volume and .02mm resolution
- Canon 5D and 6D cameras for high-resolution photogrammetry
- High-resolution Nextengine HD 3D scanner
- An iPad-based Structure Sensor 3D scanner that students can check out for on-campus use
- XBox Kinect 3D scanner with Skanect software
H322 Printing Room
Imaging Center large-format inkjet printing equipment includes:
- Epson Stylus Pro 9900 archival printer with 44" wide roll feeder
- Epson Stylus Pro 4900 archival printer with 17" wide roll feeder
- Xerox Phaser color laser printer
- Two Mac photo-editing workstations with color-calibrated NEC monitors
- Graphiclite color viewing system
H321 Crit Room
The Imaging Center has a dedicated room where students can mount their artwork for critiques or small scale exhibitions.
Contact Betsy Coulter at firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling information.