Read Smith’s plans for the fall 2021 semester.
Current Operating Mode: GREEN
For Seniors & Families
In order for us to ensure that we pronounce your name correctly during Commencement activities, all seniors will receive an email from NameCoach with a unique link that will allow you to log in and record your name. It is important that you do this in advance to assist us in reading names correctly during the ceremony. If you need technical assistance with NameCoach, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following Smith College tradition, seniors wear academic regalia for the first time at Rally Day, three months before Commencement. A cap, gown, hood and tassel can be purchased for $60 at the Smith College Bookstore, starting February 1, 2021; the full amount is due at the time of purchase.
Seniors are encouraged to purchase regalia before Rally Day, held virtually this year on February 18, 2021. Please call the Smith College Bookstore at 413-585-4140 to order or visit the bookstore website. Students can purchase regalia in-store when it is open in accordance with Smith’s COVID plan. The store can ship regalia to students living off campus.
Those receiving financial aid have the option of participating in the Regalia Loan Program lottery offered through the Student Government Association. All students will be invited to enter the lottery in January and will be notified in early February as to whether they can receive regalia through this program. Only students who receive Smith aid and are verified through Student Financial Services are eligible to enter the lottery. Questions regarding this program should be directed to the SGA office at email@example.com. Loaned regalia must be returned to the SGA Office, Campus Center 106 on Sunday, May 30, between noon to 5 p.m. or Monday, May 31, between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Regalia that was mailed is due back by July 1, 2021.
The Madeleine is published in the fall and a copy will be mailed to graduates at their parent’s home address in mid-October. Additional copies of the book or past books may be purchased through the Office of Student Engagement for $50 each.
Seniors who wish to have their portrait included in the book must have their photo taken through Prestige Portraits, per the organization’s contract. Senior portrait sessions are scheduled in April and the beginning of May, 2021. Students will be contacted by email with dates to sign up, and can contact Prestige directly at 800-426-9533, ext. 169, with questions.
- The Senior Class panoramic photograph is taken after the Ivy Day and Commencement Rehearsal on Friday morning.
- A photographer from GradImages will be at the Commencement ceremony to take candid photographs of each graduate receiving the diploma. Graduates will receive a free passport-sized digital proof of this photo on an order card within 5-7 days following the ceremony.
- Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After the ceremony you may order online at www.gradimages.com or call 800-261-2576.
- Since photographs will be available, family members and guests are encouraged to remain in their seats, relax and enjoy the ceremony.
- Prior to the ceremony: To pre-register your permanent email address, please visit www.gradimages.com and click on Pre-Event Registration. You may add contact information for up to six additional relatives and/or friends.
- GradImages never has and never will sell or share the address/email information provided to us.
The Commencement Group provides Smith graduates, their families and guests the opportunity to purchase bouquets to share with others during Commencement. Flowers may be purchased at the ceremony, at the entrance to the Quadrangle on Paradise Road, or you may place your advance order by visiting the Commencement Group website.
Smith’s next Commencement will be held on Sunday, May 15, 2022.