Seating & Ticketing Information
While seating at Commencement is limited to graduating seniors and their families, we understand that more guests than usual may be interested in attending this year’s ceremony.
Commencement will be held outside on the Quad except in case of inclement weather. The signal for indoor Commencement at the Indoor Track and Tennis Facility will be the ringing of the college bells at 8:15 and 8:30 a.m.
If Commencement is Held Outdoors on the Quad
- Tickets will not be required.
- The Quad accommodates up to 7,200 guests and opens at 8 a.m.
- Guests should arrive early to secure seating.
- Seats may not be saved; items left on chairs to reserve them will be removed.
- If the Northampton Fire Department determines the Quad has reached its capacity, they have the obligation to close the space to ensure the safety of our guests.
If the Ceremony is Held Indoors in the ITT Due to Inclement Weather
- Tickets will be required for admission. Guests without tickets are invited to view a live stream of the ceremony in Sweeney Concert Hall or Weinstein Auditorium. Alumnae, staff, undergraduates and the public are invited to watch a live stream at John M. Greene Hall.
- Doors will open at 8:30 a.m.
- The ITT accommodates fewer than 5,000 guests; each graduating senior may request up to five tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up between May 1 and May 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Office of Student Engagement (OSE) in the Campus Center.
- Tickets must be picked up in person with a student ID. Students cannot pick up tickets for other students.
- If you are off campus and not returning until after May 10, please email email@example.com by May 10 indicating how many tickets (up to five) you wish to have held for you. You must pick them up by 4 p.m. on Friday, May 19 at the Office of Student Engagement.
- If you need more than five tickets, let the OSE know when you pick up your initial tickets. On Friday, May 12, any remaining tickets will be distributed to those who requested them. Please note, however, that there is no guarantee that additional tickets will be available.
Tickets for the indoor ceremony will not be available on the day of Commencement.
Please plan ahead and make sure you have picked up your tickets as instructed in case inclement weather forces us indoors. Due to space concerns, we will not be able to accommodate families without tickets if the ceremony is held indoors.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.