Studying Elsewhere Senior Year
If you are planning to study away from Smith College during either semester of your senior year, whether in the United States or abroad, you must fill out (separately for each major) a Senior Year Elsewhere Request Form (Word document), along with any other necessary materials for your study (transfer of credit forms, study abroad form, etc.).
When you are making your plans:
- Meet with your adviser and department chair to discuss your plans and obtain signatures.
- Complete a separate form for each of your majors if you have two majors.
- Submit the completed and signed form/s to your class dean for approval.
- Resolve any credit shortages prior to studying away your senior year.
- Fill out the Petition to Transfer Credits form (PDF).
- If your courses change, you must contact your adviser and your class dean to be sure that you are still on track to graduate.