The annual Draper Competition for Collegiate Women Entrepreneurs is hosted and organized by the Center for Women and Financial Independence, Smith College's initiative devoted to the support of innovation and entrepreneurship
The competition is designed to give undergraduate entrepreneurs an experience that will help them hone their business plans and elevator pitches. The goal of the Draper Competition is to provide the best educational and entrepreneurial experience of any undergraduate business competition.
MONDAY, APRIL 18
3:30-7p; Indoor Tennis and Track Facility
Smith College (Northampton, MA)
Click here for the Welcome Packet which includes ways to get connected, directions to Smith, parking instructions, and lodging options.
here to connect on Sched. See who's coming, read up on judges, and start cnnecting with others! Are you a student competitor? Be sure
your team is represented.
THE 3 ROUNDS OF COMPETITION
Round One - Written Application
- *Application deadline extended. The Team Leader must complete the online application by 4:00p on March 28, 2016. The application form will be available on this site between January 25 - March 28, 2016
- An application is not considered complete until a PDF versions of the team’s Executive Summary is received at firstname.lastname@example.org. Optional: teams may submit a PDF version of their completed Business Model Canvas as well.
No school affiliation information should be included in the Executive Summary or on the BMC.
Round Two - Trade Show Expo
- All Semi-Finalists are required to participate in the Trade Show Expo held on Competition Day (Monday, April 18, 2016).
- During the Trade Show Expo, teams must visually showcase their ventures for the Competition Judges to evaluate and the general public to view.
Round Three - Pitch
- The final Pitch round will be held immediately at the conclusion of Round 2 on Competition Day (Monday, April 18, 2016).
- All Finalists will deliver a 90-second bsiness pitch to Competition Judges and attendees and then participate in a brief Q&A session (not more than 4 minutes) with the Competition Judges.
First Prize - $10,000
- and up to three scholarships for Eligible Team Members to The Draper University of Heroes in San Mateo, CA
Second Prize - Up to $7,500
Third Prize - Up to $5,000
Finalists - $500
Semi-Finalists - $200
- Eligibility Guidelines
- Competition Prizes
- Judging Criteria
- Participating Schools
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!