2015 Draper Collegiate Undergraduate Women Entrepreneurs' Competition
The competition will be taking place on April 10, 2015.
Key Pre-Competition Dates
Monday, March 2, 2015
Notice of intent to participate should be emailed to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. Participants will be provided with a link to the online application portal by Wednesday, March 4, 2015.
Monday, March 23, 2015
Written applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. via the online application. The portal to the online application will open at 12:00 a.m. on Monday, March 9, 2015.
Friday, March 27, 2015
Semi-finalists will be notified via email by 11:59 p.m.
Monday, March 30, 2015
Semi-finalists must confirm their intent to participate via email by Noon (12 p.m.).
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Revised business summaries for all semi-finalists must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m.
Sunday, April 6, 2015
Final date to withdraw from the competition; written notification must be received by 11:59 p.m.
The Annual Draper Collegiate Undergraduate Women Entrepreneurs' Competition is hosted and organized by the Smith College Center for Women and Financial Independence, Smith College's initiative devoted to the support of innovation and entrepreneurship. This year, student teams from 30 participating institutions will compete for more than $25,000 in cash and prizes (see Rules and Eligibillity for additional details). There are three rounds to the competition:
- Teams who intend to enter the Competition must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive access to the online submission portal. Completed application materials must be submitted to the portal by the deadline (see Key Pre-Competition Dates). A five member Selection Committee will evaluate the submissions and chose the Semi-Finalists teams that will advance to the Trade Show Expo round. The top five (5) ranked Semi-Finalists automatically advance to the final Presentation Round.
Trade Show Expo Round
- All Semi-Finalist teams are expected to attend Competition Day when they will set up displays that best showcase their ventures. Competition Judges will evaluate the displays and select at least five (5) teams to advance to the Presentation Round.
- The top five (5) ranked Semi-Finalists and the other teams selected by the Competition Judges during the Trade Show Expo on Competition Day are required to give a 90-second oral presentation to, as well as participate in a brief Q&A with, the Competition Judges.
The competition is designed to give undergraduate entrepreneurs a real-world experience that will hone their business plans and elevator pitches designed to raise funding and successfully launch their venture. Judges will evaluate the teams as real-world entrepreneurs soliciting start-up funds from early stage investors and venture capital firms. The Selection Committee and Competition Judges are asked to rank teams based on which company they would most likely invest. The goal of the Draper Competition is to provide the best overall educational and entrepreneurial experience of any undergraduate business competition.
Highlights of the Competition include:
- Real-world opportunities to learn what's required to successfully launch a new business
- Chance to receive feedback from investors and experienced entrepreneurs
- An opportunity to network with high caliber judges who are all senior level investors, entrepreneurs and industry leaders
- $25,000+ in prize money with all teams winning at least one cash award
- Scholarships to Draper University of Heroes in San Mateo, California
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!