The annual Draper Collegiate Women Entrepreneurs' Competition is hosted and organized by the Center for Women and Financial Independence, Smith College's initiative devoted to the support of innovation and entrepreneurship. It is designed to give undergraduate entrepreneurs a real-world experience that will help them hone their business plans and elevator pitches. Judges will evaluate the teams as real-world entrepreneurs soliciting start-up funds from early stage investors and venture capital firms. The goal of the Draper Competition is to provide the best overall educational and entrepreneurial experience of any undergraduate business competition.
2016 draper COLLEGIATE women entrepreneurs' competition
MONDAY, APRIL 18
Indoor Tennis and Track Facility (ITT)
There are three rounds to the competition:
- Teams who intend to enter the Competition must submit completed application materials via an online portal by the deadline (see Key Pre-Competition Dates). A five member Selection Committee will evaluate the submissions and chose the Semi-Finalists teams that will advance to the Trade Show Expo round.
Trade Show Expo Round
- All Semi-Finalist teams are expected to attend Competition Day when they will set up displays that best showcase their ventures. Competition Judges will evaluate the displays and select at least ten (10) teams to advance to the Presentation Round.
- The Semi-Finalists selected by the Competition Judges during the Trade Show Expo on Competition Day are required to give a 90-second oral presentation to, as well as participate in a brief Q&A with, the Competition Judges.
Highlights of the Competition include:
- Real-world opportunities to learn what's required to successfully launch a new business
- Chance to receive feedback from investors and experienced entrepreneurs
- An opportunity to network with high caliber judges who are all senior level investors, entrepreneurs and industry leaders
- $25,000+ in prize money with all teams winning at least one cash award
- Scholarships to Draper University of Heroes in San Mateo, California
2015 Draper Competition
Read about the 2015 competition, judges and participants here!
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!