USING THE VOICE DIRECTORY SYSTEM
Using the Voice Directory
- If using an on-campus phone, dial 0.
If using an off-campus phone, dial 413-584-2700.
the name of
the person or department you wish to reach.
- The system will
attempt to match your request to its database. If it finds
a probable match, it will say the name of the person
or department, and the extension
it is transferring to, before it transfers
- If the system does not recognize a name you request or makes an incorrect match, simply say "Cancel" and try again.
Recording your own name prompt
Instead of relying on the name prompt generated by the system, which uses the version of your name listed in the Banner system, you can record your own name prompt to be played during the transfer. This improves the overall effectiveness of the system and ensures correct pronunciation of your name.
To record your own name prompt:
- Dial extension 4142.
- Say "Administration"
- Follow the voice prompts. Use your 9-digit Smith
ID number (e.g., 990123456) as both your User ID and Password.
- When recording your name, speak only your name.
Do not include any greeting, instructions, comments, or your
extension number. You can use the name you are
commonly known by, even
differs from the current prompt.
- Be sure to follow the prompts to the end, where you can indicate whether you accept your recording or wish to re-record.
Note that the Voice Directory allows only a limited number of users to record their name simultaneously. If you receive a busy signal from the system, please try again later.