The following software is installed on all faculty, staff, and computer center computers. ITS provides full support for the current version of each application listed below, except for Microsoft Publisher, FileMaker Pro, and MySQL, which are not supported.
Transitional support is provided for previous versions of these applications. If you have any questions about supported versions, please contact the User Support Center at ext. 4487.
- Novell Netware Client
- Microsoft Windows 7 or Apple Macintosh OS X
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows only)
- Microsoft Office Suite: Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Microsoft Publisher
- FileMaker Pro (by request)
- MySQL (by request)
The following web-based applications are used by Smith students, faculty, and staff, and are fully supported by ITS: Back to top>
The following applications are included in Smith's key-served software offerings for faculty and staff. Many are also available in the student computer centers.
To request installation of any of these applications on a Smith-owned computer, please contact Donna Schnopp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Adobe Acrobat Professional||Mac & Windows||Full|
|Adobe After Effects 6||Mac & Windows||Partial|
|Adobe Contribute||Mac & Windows||Full|
|Adobe Dreamweaver||Mac & Windows||Full|
|Adobe Illustrator||Mac & Windows||Partial|
|Adobe InDesign||Mac & Windows||Partial|
|Adobe Photoshop||Mac & Windows||Full|
|Apple DVD Studio Pro||Mac only||Partial|
|Apple Final Cut Pro||Mac only||Full|
|Apple QuickTime Pro||Mac & Windows||Full|
|ATLAS.ti||Windows only||Install only|
|AutoDesk Cleaner 6.0||Mac only||Partial|
|Circle Systems Stat/Transfer||Mac & Windows||Install only|
|Kurzweil 3000||Windows only||Full|
|Motion Software||Mac only||Partial|
|Revolution||Mac & Windows||Full|
|StataCorp Stata||Mac & Windows||Install only|
|Synergy Software KaleidaGraph||Mac & Windows||Full|
*Levels of Support:
- None: This application is not supported by Smith.
- Install only: Help with installation questions only.
- Partial: Help with basic operational questions only.
- Full: Help with all questions.
To request help with any supported application, please contact the USC at
Note: Additional specialized applications are available in the Media Services Digital Video Lab, Technology Learning Commons, and Visual Communications Resource Center. Click here to learn more.
Smith students, staff, and faculty can download the following applications and utilities from the Smith software download site:
- Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows
- AdAware SE Personal (Windows only)
- Spybot Search & Destroy (Windows only)
- SSH, WS_FTP, and Fetch file transfer utilities
- Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Chrome web browsers
- Adobe Reader
- Windows, QuickTime, RealPlayer, Flash & Shockwave media players
- Stuffit file expander (Macintosh only)