PREPARING TO RECEIVE A NEW MACINTOSH COMPUTER
Please print and read through this documentation before your
new-computer installation appointment.
Please backup all of your data before your appointment, and be ready with your external hard drive on the day of your upgrade installation. If you need assistance with the migration, please contact Donna Schnopp at least one week before your appointment.
If you are upgrading to a Mac from a PC, you cannot migrate as much of your information or settings and there is no automatic method. Please see: Upgrading to a new Mac from a PC.
If you are upgrading from a Mac, please follow these instructions for backing up your files to an external drive and later restoring them on your new computer.
If you use Dreamweaver
If you use a Xerox Multi-function Devices (MFD) for printing
Dreamweaver does not store its user preferences the same way that other applications do. You will need to export your sites from your old Mac and re-import them on your new Mac. To export your sites:
Open Dreamweaver and click Manage Sites.
- In the Manage Sites window, highlight the name of the site definitions you want to export
and click Export. To export multiple site definitions at once, use the Shift and Command keys to select the sites you want.
- In the Export Site dialog box, select Back up my settings and click OK.
- In the next dialog box, navigate to your Home drive and save your site definitions
in a folder (e.g., May 2013 site definitions). If you selected multiple site definitions, all will be copied into this folder even though only one filename shows in the field.
- Click Save.
- When you're finished, click Done to close the Manage Sites window.
Once you have se tup your new Mac, open Dreamweaver and import your site definitions using the Site Manager. You will have to do this for each site, but only once.
Important: If your website files are stored on your hard drive, remember to copy them all to your Home drive before you get your new computer, being sure to maintain the file structure.
- Make sure you know your department account code, so you will be able to update your MFD configuration on your new computer.
- Once the iPrint driver for the MFD is installed on your new computer, you must also enter your account code before you can print. Follow these instructions to enter the code.