PRINTING ON BOTH SIDES OF THE PAGE
HP LaserJet printers that have the letter D in their model name (D, DT, DN,
or DTN) have built-in duplexing (double-sided printing) capability. These printers support 8.5
x 11, A4, 8.5 x13 and legal paper sizes.
Note: Do not print on both sides of labels, transparencies, or vellum. You may damage the printer.
Click on the link for your operating system below for instructions on adjusting your printer settings to support duplex printing, then printing a duplexed document:
- From the Start menu, choose Run.
- In the Open field, enter: \\stuff\data\Userfiles
- When the directory window opens, double-click to open PrinterDrivers&User Guide.
- Scroll down until you can double-click on Universal Print Driver Windows 7 64-bit.exe to start the installation process.
- In the Security Warning window, click Run.
- In the WinZip Self-Extractor window, click Unzip. When the unzipping is done, click OK.
- The HP Universal Printing Installer window will open. Click Yes to accept the license agreement.
- In the Installation Mode window, choose Dynamic Mode, then click Install, then Finish.
- In the Devices and Printers window, right-click on HP Universal Printing PCL6 and choose Set as Default. You should see a green checkmark beside the printer.
- Right-click on HP Universal Printing PCL6 again and choose Printing Preferences.
- In the HP Universal Printing PCL 6 window, click on Search for the Network Printers and select HP LaserJet P4015.
- Click in the checkbox beside Add this printer to my Printers and Faxes folder, then click OK.
Preparing to Print Double-Sided Documents
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel, then Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window, right-click on HP LaserJet P4015 and choose Set as Default from the pop-up menu.
- Right-click on HP LaserJet P4015 again and choose Printing Preferences.
- On the Printing Shortcuts tab, click on Eco-print (Two-sided Printing).
- Click OK and you're done. All your print jobs should now be double-sided by default.
Macintosh OS X
- Open a Safari or Firefox window and go to http://localhost:631/printers
Note: If you receive a Security warning, click on Understand the Risk and Get the Certificate.
- The Printers page will open in a new tab or window. Find your printer in the Queue Name list on the left and click on its name.
- Open the Administration menu under the printer name and select Set Default Options.
- On the Set Default Options page, under Options Installed, locate Duplex Unit. Make sure the Installed button is selected.
- Click on the General link, as shown below.
- On the Two-Sided menu, select: Long-Edge Binding
- Click on the Set Default Options button.
- At the prompt,
enter the administrative username and password for your Mac, then click OK.
Printing a Single Sided Document
When a printer has duplex installed as the default you are able to print duplex from all your programs. Word, Excel, Adobe Reader .....etc. However, to print a single sided document you must select a new page layout per document.
- Open a document you wish to print in a single page manner. Click
the File Menu and
select Print. (do not click on the printer icon)
- Enter the number of copies or pages to print now before you turn off the duplex.
- From the Copies and Pages drop-down menu, select Layout.
- From the Two-Sided area, select Off. Note that the sample will change to show how the document will
- Click the Print button to send the document to the printer.
Back to top >