CONNECTING YOUR APPLE MOBILE DEVICE TO THE SMITH WIRELESS NETWORK
Follow the steps below to connect your Apple mobile device (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) to the Smith wireless network.
Connect to SmithGuest first, then Eduroam
Register your device
General information about Smith wireless networks and login requirements
- Tap the Settings icon on the Home screen of your device.
- In the Settings column on the left, tap Wi-Fi.
- Under Wi-Fi Networks on the right, if Wi-Fi is off, tap to turn it on.
- In the Choose a Network pane, start by choosing SmithGuest.
(This will make your device visible to the Smith network and allow you to proceed with the network registration required to use SmithSecure.)
If you are prompted to enter an email address, enter your address.
- When you are connected, a checkmark will appear beside SmithGuest.
- Smith students, faculty & staff: Once you are connected to SmithGuest, tap to choose the Eduroam network instead. Login in using your full Smith email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and network password.
Eduroam gives you full access to Smith's web-based services, while SmithGuest does not. For more information about Eduroam, click here.
- Follow the steps below to activate Bluetooth (if needed) and register your mobile device on the Smith network.
Note that until you complete the one-time network registration process, you will be unable to access the Internet on Eduroam.
- On the Settings screen, tap General.
- If Bluetooth is shown as Off, tap Off to advance to the next screen. Tap off to turn it on. The device will now scan for available services.
Register your Device on the Smith Wireless Network
The first time you connect a mobile device to the SmithSecure network, you will be prompted to register the device. Registration is required approximately once a semester.
- On the Home screen, tap Safari.
- The Smith College Registration Page will appear, as shown below:
- Enter your network username and password, then tap the I accept Smith's Acceptable Usage Policy button.