COGNOS REPORTNET TIPS AND TRICKS
TIMEOUT DURING REPORT VALIDATION
1. While trying to validate a report in Report Studio (Tools, Validate Report), you may experience the following behavior. First, the validation process runs excessively long.
2. Resulting in the following error message.
3. If this occurs, it is because, prompt(s) that are being generated are pulling their data from very large data sets, and as a result, are taking a significant amount of time to render during validation. The work around is to temporarily disable the filter(s) just for the validation process, and then set the filter(s) back to required for runtime. This works because running the report is not leading to the timeout, it is only timing out during validation.
4. Click on Filters. Click a filter to select it, then click the "Disabled" radio button in the Usage options area. In this example, all four filters are temporarily disabled.
5. Validate the report again (Tools, Validate Report). The validation process should be much quicker. If there are no report errors, you should see the following message.
6. Open the Filters again and set them back to "Required". Run the report.