COGNOS REPORTNET TIPS AND TRICKS
INTERNET EXPLORER SETTINGS
If you repeatedly receive a pop message in Internet Explorer that says "click to continue", you can disable it by changing the following settings. Also included are settings for pop up blocker and for enabling automatic prompting for file downloads.
1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools, then Internet Options.
2. Click the Security Tab, highlight Trusted Sites, then click the Sites button.
3. Enter our Cognos Server URL (https://cognos.smith.edu) then click the Add button.
4. It now appears as a trusted site. Click the OK button.
5.Next, ensure that automatic prompting for file downloads is enabled. While still on the Security tab of Internet Options, click on Local Intranet, then Custom Level.
6. Scroll to the Downloads section and ensure "Automatic prompting for file downloads" is enabled. Repeat for Internet and Trusted Sites.
6. Next, click on the Privacy tab. Next to Pop up blocker, click Settings.
6. Add the Cognos URL, then click the Close button.