COGNOS REPORTNET TIPS AND TRICKS
ADDING A TOP ROW TO LIST COLUMN TITLES
This is a helpful tip in those cases where you've already created your list report. You then discover you'd like to add an extra row to the top of the list, as part of the list column titles. In this example, a report was created that contains four identical columns for three different terms. Currently there is no way to distinguish the three terms.
1. First, select the list ancestor in the properties pane, then select "At start of details" as the Column Titles property.
2. Next, add a List Page Header to the report. In the report layout, click on List Headers and Footers on the Menu Bar.
3. Check "List page header" and click OK.
4. You should now see a new List Page Header on top of the blue column titles.
5. Next, add a list row cell above the new list page header. This is done from the Structure menu. With your List Page Header selected, go to the Menu Bar and click Structure, Headers & Footers, Insert List Row Cells Above..
5. Enter 1 for the number of rows.
6. After the new row is added, unlock the report by clicking the padlock on the Menu Bar.
7. Next, split the List Page Header row. With your List Page Header selected, go to the Menu Bar and select Structure, Headers & Footers, Split List Row Cell.
8. Now drag your existing column titles (text items) to the new bottom header row.
9. Join your top columns based on your criteria. With the cells selected, go to the Menu Bar and click Structure, Headers & Footers, Merge List Row Cells.
10. Now add either a text item or data item to the newly merged cells which will be the top row. In this example, we'll use previously created data items.
11. In the properties pane, select the List ancestor, then select Hide column titles.
12. Format title columns and run the report.