All students interested in studying abroad should seek advice and information about their options. The OIS recommends that students do the following:
- Meet with a Peer Adviser.
- Attend a General Information session held every Monday during the fall semester in the Lewis Global Studies Center at 4:00pm.
- Attend a program-specific information session (when available). See the OIS Home Page for details.
- Discuss their study abroad plans with their academic advisers and departmental study abroad advisers.
When are Peer Advisers available?
The OIS Peer Advisers have Open Hours on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 2:00 pm-4:00pm. They are also available by appointment.
What can Peer Advisers do?
- Assist students with gathering information about their study abroad options.
- Offer advice about what to consider when selecting a study abroad program.
- Help students navigate the application and post-acceptance processes.
- Provide tips on how to prepare for studying abroad.
- Share their own experiences about studying abroad.
- Refer students to other resources as needed.
Meet the 2014-15 Peer Advisers