Staff Council Minutes
Thursday December 7, 2006
2:00-3:00pm MMD Room Pierce Hall
(Submitted by Art Usher, Co- Secretary)
Attending: Adrianne Andrews, Joseph Bialek, Nancy Brady, Sandy Bycenski, Beverly Byrnes, Janice Cole, Navae Fenwick, Christopher Gentes, Alicia Guidiotti, Linda Laflam, Trish Mailler, Sabrina Marsh, Kathryn Messier, Steve Monteiro, Rick Rubin, Patricia Rist, Sam Rush, William Sheehan, Janet Spongberg, Art Usher, Laurie Wyman, and Kathy Yarnell
Excused: Lynda DallaPegorara, Lou Ann Krawczynski, Merrilyn Lewis, Jinny Mason, and John Zaikowski
Guests: Stacey Anasazi, Ken Molnar
Approval of November’s minutes postponed
Reports from standing sub-committees and ad hoc committee:
Activities Committee – No Formal minutes
- Smoking cessation hypnosis class was well attended. Several other hypnosis type classes suggested.
- New York trip went well.
- Holiday Hoopla coming December 14- Trish Jackson, Carol Christ, Bob Young and Brett McGuinness will be cookie contest judges. It was asked how the Hoopla was being promoted. Sabrina said it was on E-Digest, the Staff Council website and there was a poster being sent out.
- The movie “Cars” will be shown Jan. 13th in Stoddard Auditorium.
Communications Committee –
- Reported that the Chronicle was completed and being distributed around campus.
- Reported problems with van drivers for new employees tours. Rick Rubin and Steve Monteiro again volunteered to be drivers. Reports of a break down in communication between Human Resources and drivers. The Communications Committee will meet with H. R and help coordinate the tours
Personnel Policy (PPC) Committee – See attached Minutes.
Nominations and Elections – No Report
- The committee reported that the first film in their series of films had a sparse turnout. The committee felt they had a better turnout during the lunch time hour and would return to that time slot. They report an extensive list of potential films and will report back when they have a finalized list.
- Large discussion on possible topics for the Community Forum.
- One suggestion “diversity” in a broad sense, including classism.
- Another suggestion was having the Cornell Players come in. Someone questioned funding for this suggestion.
- It was suggested having a forum on the “greening” of the Campus. This suggestion prompted many ideas, suggestions and questions. Further discussion needed.
- Sam to extend an invitation to Carol Christ to attend a Staff Council meeting.
- Merrilyn Lewis encouraged Sam Rush to attend the next S.A.M.S. meeting
Meeting adjourned 2:50pm