Attending: Joseph Bialek, Suzanne Beaumier, Nancy Brady, Janice Cole, Cheryl Dellecese, , Linda LaFlam, Karen Lehouiller, Laura Matta, Janice McDowell, Steve Monteiro, Patricia Rist, Rick Rubin, Sam Rush, William Sheehan, Art Usher, Kathy Yarnell
Excused: Adrianne Andrews, Beverly Byrnes, Lou Ann Krawczynski Gayle Fitzgerald, Jinny Mason, Kim Perez, Xinh Spangler, Joe Stoddart, Laurie Wyman , Tara Zidonik Tara Zidonik
Guests, Stacey Anasazi, Sandra Bycenski, Sabrina Marsh
Minutes approved with changes
Candace Baer will come to the February meeting
Rally Day will be on February 22, 2006 and staff has been asked to participate. Sam is looking for volunteers to participate in a short skit. Something will be put on E-Digest asking for staff to sign up.
Personal Policy Committee:
• Met with Candace Baer to make sure classes etc. are put in staff folders. It is still prudent to have staff check their own folders periodically to make sure they are up to date.
• Discussion about publishing transfer position
• Training/Development- there will be more spring classes offered for staff. May look to do a Staff Development Day.
• Harvard Pilgrim will be approving more physicians for their plan in Western Mass.
• Article will be written about 263/211 Work Force Grant and promotions happening due to the classes taught through the grant.
• Laura Grabiec won the Holiday Hoopla Cookie contest.
• Holiday Hoopla was a success in spite of the bad weather, 70 to 75 people attended. Next year the winning cookie will be served as dessert.
• Social Hour will be held on 1/19 with a possible beer tasting event. Staff will also be invited to showcase their crafts.
• Mardi Gras Event on Feb 18th is a work in progress. A charity will be chosen at our next meeting and meetings will be held weekly till the event happens. Looks to be a fun event for a great cause. Please get the word out to your fellow co-workers.
• Did not meet last month, but the monthly movie event that was sponsored last semester will continue through the spring.
• Meeting next week
Nominations and Elections:
• Gearing up for next election
Cheryl Dellecese volunteered to serve on the Campus Center Advisory Committee.
Steve M said that Smith College exceeded their United Way goal.
Spring Forum should include Larry Hunt the new HR director who will begin his new job on March 1.
Staff Council will invite Larry Hunt to a future meeting.
Looking for ideas to promote Staff Council, maybe going out in small groups to visit various work areas. Sam suggests we bring a friend to the next meeting.
Discussed the closing of the college due to bad weather and could it be announced a bit earlier. Some people had already come to work.
Meeting adjourned at 3:00 pm
Next Staff Council Meeting (Remember to bring a friend)
February 2, 2006 in Mary Maples Dunn room at 2:00 PM