Attending: Joseph Bialek, Suzanne Beaumier, Nancy Brady, Beverly Byrnes, Janice Cole, Gayle Fitzgerald, Lou Ann Krawczynski, Linda Laflam, Karen Lehouiller, Jinny Mason, Janice McDowell, Steve Monteiro, Rick Rubin, Sam Rush, William Sheehan, Xinh Spangler, Laurie Wyman, Kathy Yarnell, Tara Zidonik
Excused: Adrianne Andrews,Cheryl Dellecese, Laura Matta, Kim Perez, Patricia Rist, Art Usher
Guest, Sandra Bycenski
1. Minutes approved with added comments
2. Committee reports
• Cards with upcoming activities will be printed and available at the Benefits Fair on November 10.
• Wreath making class- November 12 at Field House
• NYC bus trip- December 3- 2 buses
• Holiday Hoopla- December 16 at CC-noon to 1:30
(Craft makers, garnishing booth with demonstrations, cookie contest, holiday
• Mardi gras event - February 18, 2006 at CC with more info to follow.
• Staff Chronicle is coming out in December, still looking for people to help out with this issue. Past issues of the Chronicle will be showcased on an easel for the Benefits Fair.
• SAMS Committee will meet in December and will again discuss the morale issues from last spring.
Personnel Policy (PPC) Committee-
• PPC meets regularly with the HR Director to discuss staff concerns about benefits issues.
• Staff Council met with HR director search committee.
• SAMS will be meeting in December to discuss the morale issues raised last Fiscal year
• .Search committees for HR director and HR manager are in the process of scheduling interviews
• WTE- service staff will not be doing it at this time.
Nominations and Elections
Need to replace Terrilyn Calloway‘s vacancy as she has left the college. Sam will look into who was on the list for the last election.
First movie in the series went well. Monies for snacks for the first film will be paid out of the Activities budget. Sam suggested that the Diversity committee come up with a budget for the series of films and snacks so that money will be allocated for these events.
3. New Business
It was discovered that training workshops are not being recorded on staff personnel records and have not been recorded since Kathleen Chatwood left the college. It was recommended that staff should note these workshops on their yearly performance reviews. PPC will look into this matter. A twenty-four hour notice needs to be given if you want to look at your personnel file.
There were some issues of attendance- should we consider having the meetings in the same place? Does anyone have concerns about meeting times, etc? Also is there an overload with too many committees?
Community forum- Sam will ask Carol C. what is the mandate. Perhaps the Holiday Hoopla could be considered a Community Forum for this semester.
Meeting adjourned 3:00 pm
Next Staff Council meeting- December 1, 2005 at the Alumnae House