Co-ed dormitory accommodations consist of single dormitory rooms with one twin bed, bureau, desk, and chair. All rooms are wired for full internet access.
The School does not furnish bed linens, towels, curtains, bedspreads, etc. Students may wish to bring a lamp, an alarm clock and a fan. You may also wish to bring an additional blanket and pillow. Swimmers should bring extra towels as none will be provided at the pool.
Dormitory rooms will be available on Thursday, May 29, beginning at 1:00 p.m. for students who need to arrive on that day. For on-campus students, a deli lunch will be provided on Thursday, May 29, from 12:00-1:00 p.m., at King/Scales.
Dorm Room Keys and OneCard
Students living on-campus will need two types of keys to enter their dorms:
- To enter dorm buildings, OneCards are used to open the entry doors.
- To enter dorm rooms, traditional keys are used.
OneCards are required for front door access to SSW dorms. In addition, all students who wish to use or eat at the King/Scales dining hall will need to use their OneCards for access.
Picking up keys
Dorm room keys may be picked up:
|Thursday||May 29||1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.||Hillyer 103 or 203|
|Friday||May 30||9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.||Hillyer 103 or 203|
|Sunday||June 1||12:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.||Hillyer 103 or 203|
|After Monday||June 2||9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.||Lilly Hall 218|
Should a OneCard be lost or broken, the student must contact the OneCard office directly. A $20 charge will be billed to the student's account to cover the cost to replace a OneCard.
Students who lose their dorm room keys during the summer will have a $100 charge billed to their student accounts to cover the cost of the new key and core lock replacement.
Temporary access to dorms may be issued by Public Safety until replacement keys provided. Students who do not return their key(s) at the end of the summer will be charged a $100 for a new key and core lock replacement.
Air Conditioner Installation
The College has several concerns regarding electrical usage and window air conditioners in the dorms. Please be aware of the following College regulations when making your plans:
1. Because we must restrict usage, only people with a documented disability will be able to have an air conditioner installed. Please refer to the Disability Services website look for information on documentation guidelines.
2. If you will be requesting an air conditioner installed, please contact Ms. Laura Rauscher, Director of Disability Services, by telephone at 413-585-2071 or email email@example.com to begin the process. You will no longer need to fill out or submit forms to the Housing Coordinator.
3. All air conditioner units will be provided by Smith College - no exceptions can be made due to liability concerns. Only students who are granted accommodation from the Office of Disability Services will be permitted to have an air conditioner in their room. This accommodation is made free of charge and includes the rental, installation and removal of these systems. Installation of air conditioners will occur during the first week of classes. You will not need to be in your room for this process