Endowed by the Maconda Brown O’Connor Future Leadership Scholarship, Smith College SSW invites nominations for a weekend full of courses and lectures designed to challenge and stretch Bachelor-level human service workers -- and to inspire them to consider graduate education!
The next Reaching for Excellence weekend is:
September 15-17, 2016.
By nominating yourself or someone you know, you HELP SMITH:
- Invest in the best;
- Nurture commitment to the profession;
- Develop professional leadership capacity;
- Encourage aspirations toward an M.S.W. degree.
If selected, REX participants receive:
- A grant to cover all coursework, lectures, room and board for REX;
- Half of domestic travel expenses to the REX weekend exceeding $50;
- 18 Continuing Education credits;
- Waiver of the $60 Smith College MSW application fee;
- Geographic Location preference for MSW program field placement.
To qualify, nominees must:
- Be a Bachelor-level social worker or other human service provider with at least two years experience;
- Have earned a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0*;
- Demonstrate a passion for human services work;
- Have not yet received or applied for their Master's degree in social work or similar field.
* The 3.0 GPA requirement is based on a 4.0 grading scale. We understand that, on occasion, circumstances beyond the control of the student intervene, making it impossible to maintain a 3.0 GPA. If a student's GPA is below a 3.0, the candidate may apply, but must include a statement outlining the reason the low GPA is not an accurate representation of the candidate's capacity.