Endowed by the Maconda Brown O’Connor Future Leadership Scholarship, Smith College SSW invites nominations for a weekend full of courses and lectures designed to challenge and stretch Bachelor-level human service workers -- and to inspire them to consider graduate education!
Reaching for Excellence (REX) will be held September 19-21, 2013.
By nominating yourself or someone you know, you HELP SMITH:
- Invest in the best;
- Nurture commitment to the profession;
- Develop professional leadership capacity;
- Encourage aspirations toward an M.S.W. degree.
If selected, REX participants receive:
- A grant to cover all coursework, lectures, room and board for REX;
- Half of domestic travel expenses to the REX weekend exceeding $50;
- 18 Continuing Education credits;
- Waiver of the $60 Smith College MSW application fee;
- Geographic Location preference for MSW program field placement.
To qualify, nominees must:
- Be a Bachelor-level social worker or other human service provider with at least two years experience;
- Have earned a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0*;
- Demonstrate a passion for human services work;
- Have not yet received or applied for their Master's degree in social work or similar field.
For more information, please visit our FAQ.
To nominate someone or yourself, please complete our nomination form.