The Smith College Studies in Social Work publishes papers relevant to clinical social work theory and practice from a wide range of authors including social work educators, clinicians, researchers, policy makers, and recent MSW and Ph.D. graduates.
Submit an article (online form)
Submissions can also be sent to:
Smith College Studies in Social Work
Northampton, MA 01063
Every effort is made to complete the review process of submitted articles within three months.
- Papers submitted should be approximately 20 to 30 pages in length and include a brief (100 words or less) abstract and key words.
- The best way to submit an article is via e-mail. If you prefer to submit a hard copy, please include an electronic version also (disc, flash key, etc.).
- Please make sure to include your preferred contact info, including a mailing address, so that we may acknowledge your submission and send you any necessary paperwork.
- All submissions should be formatted in APA style, according to the guidelines of the 5th edition.
- Please pay particular attention to your in-text citations and reference lists. Remember, all in-text citations must appear in the reference list. Publication of articles may be delayed if there are discrepancies.