Human Subjects Review (HSR)
Guidelines & Application
All research that involves human participants done by any member of the Smith College School for Social Work Community must be reviewed and approved by a human subjects review (HSR) committee before the research is begun.
To gain approval, the research protocols and all of the accompanying materials must conform to requirements laid down by the Federal Government. This User's Guide describes these requirements and includes in the appendices detailed instructions for the various documents:
Related HSR Documents [Downloads]
- HSR Application Form [DOC]
- HSR Planning Form [DOC]
- Participant Informed Consent Form [DOC]
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form [DOC]
- Child Assent for 14-17 [DOC]
- Child Assent for 6-13 [DOC]
- Protocol Change Form [DOC]
For more information, contact Laura Wyman at firstname.lastname@example.org.