Sophia Smith's vision, an education for women equal to any available to men, is now being transformed to meet the challenges of the 21st century. As in the past, a Smith education is and should be open to women of talent regardless of their financial circumstances.
- sixty percent of the student body receives some need-based financial aid?
- some textbooks cost upwards of $100?
- eye glasses cost several hundred dollars?
The Smith Students' Aid Society (SSAS) plays a crucial role when a student has a need that isn't being met by other sources. Please support SSAS as generously as possible. With your help, SSAS can play its role effectively as Smith becomes a truly global college and continues to educate the leaders of tomorrow.
Ways to Give
- Call the Smith Fund, toll free, at 800-241-2056, option 1. Be sure to say your gift is for SSAS.
- Use Smith's secure online giving website and select "Students' Aid Society" in the Other Designations dropdown.
- Return the reply envelope that came with an earlier Smith Fund appeal and write "SSAS" in the note space on your check.
On behalf of the current student body and the SSAS Board, thank you.
–Kester Warlow-Harry AC '99
President, Smith Students' Aid Society