Charter an Organization
If you have an idea for an organization at Smith that would have a lasting relevance to the community, and you believe that there's enough student interest to support such an organization, the Organization Resources Committee can help!
Consider These Questions
- Is there no existing organization with a similar purpose?
- Would the organization have a lasting relevance to the community?
- Is there enough interest on campus to support the organization?
If You Answered "Yes" to All Three:
- Meet with the Organization Resources Committee Vice-Chair of Chartingr. She will offer advice, explain the chartering process and provide sample charters so that you can begin thinking about the charter you will submit.
- Submit an electronic copy of your charter to the Vice-Chair of Chartingr,
- The ORC and Senate Rules Committee will help you revise your charter, which is then subject to the approval of senate.
- You will receive notice from the Senate Parliamentarian, about attending a hearing at a Senate meeting. This is your opportunity to present and defend your charter.
- Once approved, contact Tamra Bates about filling out recognition forms.
Forms & Templates
Use this form as an outline for creating a new charter. Attach it to your charter when submitting.
Chartering Guidelines (PDF)
Chartering guidelines as specified by ORC and the SGA senate.