The Office of the Registrar maintains the permanent academic records of all students. The office is responsible for course registration, classroom scheduling, transcripts, transfer credit, certification of enrollments, issuing diplomas and producing the schedule of classes.
Browser Compatibility with BannerWeb
You can use Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer to acccess the Portal. Because of minor browser differences, if you encounter problems using BannerWeb, please try a different browser.
Information concerning scheduled and self-scheduled exams is posted on our exams page. Self-scheduled examinations will be distributed during three periods on May 3, 4 and 5, and during two periods on May 6; there will be no examination period on Friday evening. Students should check the schedule of exams carefully and report any conflicts to the registrar's office immediately.
Examinations cannot be repeated and will be failed by default if missed through carelessness. Students should make their end of the semester travel plans accordingly as they will not be permitted to take examinations early.
Grades for seniors and graduate students are due in the registrar's office on Monday, May 9. Grades will be posted online through BannerWeb the afternoon of May 11. Latin Honors awards will be announced at the Ivy Day ceremony on Saturday, May 14.
Non-Senior grades are due in the registrar's office on Monday, May 16. Those grades will be posted online the afternoon of May 18.
Unofficial transcripts through BannerWeb will be unavailable until all grade processing is complete.
FIVE COLLEGE COURSE CREDITS
Effective for Fall 2016 registration: courses at UMass will be awarded the credit value assigned by that institution. For example, a UMass course bearing 3.00 credits will be recorded on the Smith transcript at 3.00 credits.
For more information see Course Credits on the Guidelines page.
Registration Deadlines - Spring 2016
Friday, February 5*
- Last day to add/drop a course online
- Last day to add/drop first half semester course
- Last day to submit permission via waiver form
- Last day to add a Five College course**
Friday, February 12
- Last day to add a Smith course
- Last day for Ada Comstock Scholars to drop a course without financial consequences
Friday, February 26
- Last day to drop a course
- Last day to change grading option in first half semester course
Friday, April 1
- Last day to change grading option in Smith course
- Last day to use Free Drop option (see class dean)
- Last day to add/drop a second half semester course
Friday, April 15
- Last day to change grading option in second half semester course
*all course changes after February 5 require signatures of instructor, adviser and class dean on add/drop form
**consult host registrar about deadlines to declare pass/fail options.