Applications must be received by Thursday, October 15, by 4:00 p.m.
All students accepted into the program will be asked to make a firm commitment (including a $300 non-refundable deposit) to participate in the program by Monday, October 26, so those on the waiting list can be notified.
Preference will be given to students for whom this program would be an integral part of their program of studies and who have undertaken relevant preparations (such as the previous study of Buddhism, Tibetan studies or Asian studies.); however, no previous experience is required.
Mandatory Orientation Sessions
- Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 7 to 9 p.m.
Dewey Common Room, first floor
- Thursday, November 12, 2015, 7 to 9 p.m.
Schacht Center for Wellness and Health, second floor
- Tuesday, November 17, 2015, 7 to 9 p.m.
Dewey Common Room
- Thursday, November 19, 2015, 7 to 9 p.m.
Dewey Common Room
Students from all campuses are welcome to either session:
- Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 7:00 p.m.
Smith College: Campus Center 205
- Thursday, September 24, 2015, 7:00 p.m.
Hampshire College: Franklin Patterson Hall, Faculty Lounge
Please note that this itinerary is tentative and is subject to change.
- December 27, 2015: Departure from Boston (Logan) late afternoon
- December 28, 2015: Arrive New Delhi late evening
- December 29, 2015: Travel by air to Sarnath
- January 19, 2016: Travel by bus to Agra in morning
- January 21, 2016: Travel by bus to New Delhi in morning
- January 23, 2016: Travel to JFK, via Paris
- January 23, 2016: Arrival on campus
The program costs approximately $2,200, which includes all travel from Logan International Airport and back to campus, accommodations and visa fees. This does not include books, medical expenses, passport or pocket money.
Deposit and Payment
Students accepted into the program will be required to pay a nonrefundable $300 deposit by Monday, October 26, 2015, with the balance due by Monday, November 30, 2015.
Any Smith College student can apply for an International Experience Grant through the study abroad office, regardless of their financial aid status. Students from other campuses should check financial aid options through their study abroad office.