Each student organization leaves a special mark on the cultural, social and intellectual life of Smith College. In officially recognizing organizations, we in turn recognize the contributions that organizations make to the quality of life at Smith, aiding us in our commitment to providing a safe and inclusive learning environment that promotes personal growth, leadership development, co-curricular involvement, intellectual inquiry, global stewardship, social responsibility and the valuing of difference in all forms.
All organizations are required to submit a Recognition Form each year.
The 2014-15 organization recognition will be available on Monday April 7.
Please visit the Smith Social Network. Please login using your Smith username and password, click on Organizations and then click on REGISTER A NEW ORGANIZATION.
Recognition forms for 2014-15 are due by Friday, April 25 at 4 p.m.
Please contact Tamra Bates with questions or concerns.
Benefits of Recognized Organizations
Student organizations officially recognized by the college receive many benefits, including:
- The use of college space by reserving meeting rooms, programming spaces and outdoor event space.
- Permission to publicize, poster and reserve banner space.
- Permission to use the Smith name with your organization.
- Use of a student organization mailbox in the resource room.
- Ability to apply for and receive funding from college funding sources such as the Fine Arts Council.
- E-mail and Web site organization accounts.
- Access to vending tables and cash boxes in the Campus Center.
- Ability to apply for and/or receive an office or storage space in the Campus Center or other student organization designated office building.
- Participation in the annual Student Involvement Fair held at the beginning of the fall semester.
- Inclusion on the Smith College Club and Organization Web page.
- Organization bank account through the College Controller's Office.
- Ability to use the student organization credit card to make club-related purchases, available through the OSE.