Students, faculty and staff with a medical disability who are requesting accommodations or services through the Office of Disability Services are required to provide appropriate documentation of their disability. These guidelines describe the necessary components for acceptable documentation.
This must be provided by a physician or other licensed health care provider in order to substantiate the stated disability.
Documentation must include information on how the medical condition and/or related medications and treatments interfere or limit any major life activity including participation in the courses, programs, services or activities of the college.
Information to be provided by diagnostician
- A brief description of the condition.
- Assessment of the severity of current symptoms and chronicity of the disability.
- A brief assessment of the history/current status of the disability, including medications and treatments.
- What accommodations have been provided in the past?
- What accommodations are recommended that address specific functional limitations?
- Additional information that may be useful in providing appropriate and effective accommodations at the post-secondary level.