July is approaching fast, and picnic season is upon us. For Smith staff and faculty members, that means it’s time for another All-Employee Picnic, on Tuesday, July 9, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Chapin Lawn and the Campus Center.
All employees are invited to eat delicious food, schmooze with fellow employees and move to the music. To make it easy to attend, department offices will close that day, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
View the flyer (PDF)
In case you still need motivation, here are:
The Top 10 Reasons to Attend the All-Employee Picnic
10. There’s nothing better than a break in the middle of a summer day to hang out with your co-workers and see folks from other offices.
9. There may be no such thing as a free lunch, but this comes pretty dang close.
8. College catering will provide the food, so you know it will be great!
7. Ruth Constantine doesn’t serve beverages every day of the year, you know.
6. You can bring something to donate to Jessie’s House—and feel good about yourself for doing so.
5. It’s July. It’s a picnic. Do you really have to ask?
4. Five words: FREE Maple Valley ice cream.
3. Spend some time with new President Kathleen McCartney in a low-key, relaxed setting.
2. It’s a chance to say “hi” to all those fellow employees you’ve been emailing all year.
And the #1 reason to attend the All-Employee Picnic:
1. Everyone else in your office is going, and who wants to be left all alone? Are you sure those stories about the ghost in your building are just rumors?
See you there!