Documenting your Practical Experiences
The following required documentation must be submitted to Emma Cantrell (campus address: Museum of Art, Tryon Hall) for each practical experience.
- Practical Experience Pre-Approval Form completed and signed by your Concentration adviser prior to completing your practical experience.
- Supervisor Evaluation Form completed by your professional supervisor and submitted after completing your practical experience.
E-Portfolio Requirements: Beginning in Fall 2013, students are required to process and reflect on practical experiences in an e-Portfolio. You will be guided through this process during several required group workshops.
Here are the minimum expectations for what should be included in your e-Portfolio by the spring of your senior year:
- Class of 2015: Reflections on 2 specific experiences (academic or practical) and a philosophy statement
- Class of 2016: Reflections on 3 specific experiences (academic or practical) and a philosophy statement
- Class of 2017: Reflections on 3 specific experiences (academic or practical) and a philosophy statement
To aid in the reflection process, students are encouraged to maintain a journal during their practical experiences and to keep examples of the work and materials they produce.