P.S. 125, Man.
Miss. A.G. Ruddy, Prin.
Children's Organization for Civil Rights Class 6-3
March 17, 1965
Guest Speaker: Mr. Early of N.A.A.C.P.
A) Miss Coards arranged for Mr. Early to visit our class and talk about C.O.C.R.
II. Mr. Early's talk.
A) The N.A.A.C.P.
1) Discussion of the history of the N.A.A.C.P.
2) Objective of the N.A.A.C.P.
a) Protect rights of the people
b) Protect individual rights of people all over the world.
B) What C.O.C.R. can do to help.
1) Get every parent to join the N.A.A.C.P.
2) Develop ourselves to the fullest, since we are future leaders.
3) Raise money to contribute to Dr. King and the S.C.L.C.
a) Mr. Early made the first contribution of $1.
C) Question and Answer Period.
1) A variety of questions on all aspects of the Civil Rights struggle.
I. Implementation of program suggested by Mr. Early.
A) Getting parents to join the N.A.A.C.P.
1) Talk to them about the goals of the N.A.A.C.P.
2) Remind them of their civil responsibilities.
3) Write about the reasons people should join the N.A.A.C.P.
B) Conduct a 1 month fundraising campaign. Explore the following ideas.
1) Auction (auction all items in pound and any contributions - Raquel, John)
2) Contributions- all classmembers, relatives and friends-
3) Set up a voluntary fine system for breaking class rules - Janice, Guy, Henry.
4) Show a movie after school to raise money (Roberto, Felix)
5) Sell paintings (Felix, Stanley, Ken G.)