Suit Yourself Program
Through our popular Suit Yourself program, Smith students may borrow jackets, skirts, and pants, sizes 2-24, in matching black fabric. There is also a collection of men's slacks, jackets, shirts and ties. This service is FREE for current Smith College students - you just pay for dry cleaning!
NEW! Banana Republic Suits - We went shopping! We now offer Banana Republic pants, jackets and skirts in a wide range of sizes.
How to borrow
- Come to the Lazarus Center during daytime drop-in hours and a Peer Advisor will help you select what you need to look your professional best.
- Give yourself enough time to try on suits, and to fill out a contract with a Peer Advisor - usually 15-20 minutes.
- Please bring your OneCard and, if you like, the shoes and accessories you'll be wearing.
- Suit Yourself is open during the academic year only.
HOW TO RETURN
- All borrowed pieces must be professionally dry cleaned and returned with receipt attached.
- Items should be in the same condition in which you borrowed them, by the date listed on the contract, and during suit program hours.
"I really didn't know how I was going to get a suit. After spending over $1,000 on medical school applications, I couldn't afford to buy one. Smith came to the rescue. I was the best dressed at all of my interviews."
One word of advice
Please don’t wait until the last minute to borrow what you need. We suggest you come in two days before your interview during suit program hours.
To go along with your great look, advisors are available by appointment for practice interviews. Call x2582 to set up a time, and be sure to read our booklet, Interviews.