Suit Yourself Program
Smith students may borrow new Banana Republic jackets, skirts, and pants, sizes 2-24, in matching black fabric. There is also a collection of slacks, jackets, shirts and ties.
This service is FREE for current Smith College students - you just pay for dry cleaning!
How to borrow
- Come to the Lazarus Center during daytime drop-in hours and a Peer Advisor will help you select what you need to look your professional best.
- Give yourself enough time to try on suits, and to fill out a contract with a Peer Advisor - usually 15-20 minutes.
- Bring your OneCard and, if you like, the shoes and accessories you'll be wearing.
- Suit Yourself is open during the academic year only.
- Don't wait until the last minute to borrow. We suggest you come in 2 days before your interview.
HOW TO RETURN
- All items must be professionally dry cleaned and returned within 7 days (with dry-cleaning receipt attached).
- Items should be in the same condition in which you borrowed them, by the date listed on the contract, and during suit program hours.
- Late returns will result in a $10 per day late fee. If items are not returned, borrowers may be charged a replacement fee up to $250.
Make sure your attire is appropriate. A well-groomed professional appearance is essential. Anything else will detract from the best possible presentation you can make. A good way to determine suitable attire is to look at what people typically wear in the organization or industry for which you are interviewing.
Here are some examples of clothing options: